: Use of undefined constant - assumed ' ' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /kunden/510056_14089/rp-hosting/33/36/wordpress/wp-content/themes/alpes/header.php
on line 40
Autumn in Valais – Diverse and Colourful
Cow fights – Chestnuts – Wine – Foire du Valais
Autumn signals a transformation in Valais, the valley becomes a myriad of browns, reds and yellows! The still warm autumn sun gives the already ripening grapes their final sweet kick, the warm autumn colours complete the special atmosphere in this annual mix of colour and harvest activity.
Look forward to :
- Vinea – The Swiss Wine Fair in Sierre
- Chestnut Festival: La Fête de Châtaigne in Fully
- Various Vineyard open days
- The Autumn Exhibition: La Foire du Valais in Martigny
- The Cow Fight Finals in Martigny: La Finale nationale de la race d’Hérens
- Several hams -, onions – and pumpkin feasts
- Valais Rally: Rallye International du Valais, highlight of the FIA European Rally
- Martigny City Run: La Corrida d’ Octodure.
The finals of the National Cow Fight Championships take place in the amphitheatre in Martigny on the first October weekend each year. The event is one of the most traditional events you can experience in Valais today. You will see all the years winners competing against each other, until the strongest cow can be crowned “The Queen” of the season.
At the same time thousands of people visit “La Foire du Valais” in Martigny. This 10-days event is loved by young and old alike. See and be seen, attractions for everybody’s tastes: Animals, cuisine, stands with more products than you can imagine. Fairground attractions, all in all, a party atmosphere for all.
The sport calendar is rounded off with two “Highlights” The Valais Rally and the Martigny City Run La Corrida d’ Octodure.
Now its up to you, we are looking forward to welcoming you to, and helping you discover our wonderful Canton Valais!
Click the topic for more information: